County Fair Permitting
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should apply for a fair permit from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services?
Only those fair organizations which are chartered under Chapter 616, F.S.
- When do we apply for a fair permit?
At least three months prior to your event.
- How often are permits issued for a fair event?
Each chartered fair association is issued one permit per year.
- How many fairs can an association have in a year?
Chapter 616.14, F.S. limits chartered fair associations to one public fair or exhibition during any calendar year.
- How do we establish a fair organization chartered under Chapter 616, F.S.?
Contact the Bureau of State Farmers' Markets at (850) 617-7380.
- What is the purpose of the affidavit?
The affidavit is required in the application process to certify the existence of a binding contract between the fair association and the owner of the central amusement attraction covering the period for which the permit from the Department is applied.
Back to Top
Return to County Fair Permitting