Florida Agricultural Promotional Campaign (FAPC), “Fresh From Florida”
Logo Incentive Program
The purpose of this incentive program is to provide participating agricultural entities with the opportunity to offset a portion of their consumer packaging and carton printing costs while promoting the "Fresh from Florida" message.
To qualify for incentive monies, FAPC members must work directly with FDACS representatives and provide a printer’s draft proof for final approval before monies are reimbursed.
This program is not intended to provide full compensation for a company's printing costs nor is it intended to provide profit under any circumstances.
Usage of logos is limited to those companies who establish FAPC membership prior to participating in the incentive program.
1. Incentive dollars for pre-press will not exceed half (50 percent) of actual printing cost up to $500.
2. Consumer packaging and cartons are eligible for half (50 percent) of actual printing cost up to $1,500.
3. Total combined awards will not exceed $2,000.
4. Incentive dollars will be awarded upon receipt: August 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013.
5. Awards will be paid to qualified entries upon receipt for as long as budgeted monies are available. FAPC members are eligible for incentive monies only once per product for the duration of the program. Multiple product entries are eligible, but cannot exceed $2,000.
1. Participants must be paying members of the Florida Agricultural Promotional Campaign (FAPC) to participate. Membership dues must be current at time of entry submission and remain current through May 31, 2013.
For more information on becoming a member, please contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at (850) 617-7330. Seafood and aquaculture companies should call (850) 617-7280.
2. State agencies and non-paying members are not eligible to participate.
3. Media brokers and advertising third parties are not eligible to participate and cannot use this program as a selling tool.
Requirements for Participation
1. "Fresh from Florida" Logo Incentive Program participants may receive incentive dollars for placement of FAPC logos that are printed on consumer packaging, cartons, labels, business vehicles or catalogs (horticulture members only) between August 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013.
2. Pre-press charges (such as separations, plates, proofs) required for printing of consumer packaging, cartons, labels, business vehicles or catalogs (horticulture members only) are also eligible for incentive awards. All pre-press and printing must occur within the program time frame and must be outlined as pre-press charges on the invoice.
3. Products must be clearly identified as Florida agricultural products and must include one of the logos affiliated with the Florida Agricultural Promotion Campaign. The "Fresh from Florida" logo must be large enough that it is visible.
4. A minimum of 1,000 items must be produced in order to be eligible for incentive dollars.
5. Consumer packages and cartons must have logos printed directly on the label. Photocopies of labels or logos inserted in or affixed to a label are not eligible. "Clamshell" packaging for fruits and vegetables must have a logo that is as large enough that it is easily recognized.
A. The "Fresh from Florida" and "Fresh from Florida Seafood" logos or any variation thereof may be used on agricultural commodities including but not limited to fruits, vegetables, seafood, poultry and eggs.
B. The "from Florida" and "from Florida Seafood" logos or any variation thereof may be used on Florida agricultural-based products that are not perceived as "fresh" products including meat, frozen or chemically treated products such as rice, sugar, honey, milk, orange juice, fertilizer, breaded fish, crab cakes and other processed foods such as sauces and wines.
C. The "from Florida USA" logo or any variation thereof may be used on Florida agricultural or Florida agribusiness products marketed internationally.
D. Please remember that the Florida Department of Citrus has a similar logo which promotes the "Sunshine Tree" and reads, "Fresh from the Florida Sunshine Tree." Neither this logo nor any other logos utilizing the word "Florida," with the exception of those specified in this section, qualify for incentive monies offered by FDACS.
E. The “Fresh from Florida” logo or any variation thereof may be used on horticulture products.
F. The “Fresh from Florida” and “Fresh from Florida Seafood” logos or any variation thereof may be used on business vehicles.
1. Entries must include a FDACS entry form at the bottom of this page. If additional entry forms are needed, please contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at (850) 617-7330. Seafood and aquaculture companies should call (850) 617-7280.
2. Awards are paid after entries have been received and documented. Completed entries will be accepted August 1, 2012 through May 31, 2013.
3. Entries must be submitted under the company's name and Tax ID/FEID number.
4. In order to qualify, you must include two samples of each item submitted for entry as well as copies of dated (August 2012 through May 2013) invoices outlining printing and/or pre-press charges. Printers' draft proof must be approved by FDACS representative before printing invoice is submitted. Documents should be submitted as a complete package. Entries submitted without proper documentation will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for incentive dollars. For business vehicles submit at least two (2) photos with invoices.
5. Entries become the property of FDACS and cannot be returned. By participating, you give FDACS your permission to use your entry for publicity purposes.
6. Freight charges, state and sales taxes are not eligible for reimbursement.
- DACS-06711 FAPC Logo Incentive Program Application (PDF)