2002 Florida Ag in the Classroom Teacher Grants
We are pleased to announce that Florida Ag in the Classroom, Inc. will award funds to Florida teachers through a competitive grants program during the 2002-2003 school year. We believe it is important to support the efforts of motivated teachers who incorporate agricultural concepts in their classroom curriculum and practices.
Time line for Grant Proposals
- Grant applications due to the FAITC office... October 25, 2002
- Announcement of Awards...November 1, 2002
- Progress report to FAITC office...December 13, 2002
- All funds expended... February 3, 2003
- All funds encumbered and report forms due... June 13, 2003
Projects should meet the following criteria:
- Student-driven projects using agriculture concepts in the school or classroom environment
- Student-involvement based project
- Certified Florida teachers currently engaged in classroom instruction at the Kindergarten through 12th grade levels who integrate agricultural concepts into non-agricultural curricula.
- Certified agriculture teachers in classroom instruction at the 6-8 grade level.
- 25 points - Project ability to increase student understanding of Florida agriculture
- 25 points - Planned program approach to integrate agricultural concepts in the classroom
- 20 points - Project demonstrates creativity, innovation and addresses issues of concern for Florida agriculture
- 10 points - Budget and budget justification
- 10 points - Time line and logistics
- 10 points - Project goals
Management and Reporting
- Brief (less than one page) summary of project progress is due on December 13, 2002.
- FAITC must receive copies of all related materials in a printable format.
- FAITC must be informed of all project-related events so that Board members in the area have an opportunity to attend.
- Must submit receipts and/or documentation of expenses
- Must submit report form and photos of project before June 13, 2003.
Format for Proposals
- Must be typed on 8 ½" x11" white paper. (Applications can be typed directly onto the provided application form or that form can be duplicated in a word processing program.)
- The application will be limited to the two-page application form which will provide a thorough explanation of the project implementation and evaluation plans.
- Attachments detailing budget, in-kind donations and a time line are required.
- A title page giving a contact name, address, phone number and proposal title is required.
- A letter of support from your school administrator.
The deadline for submitting proposals to the Florida Ag in the Classroom, Inc. office is October 25, 2002. (Proposals must be postmarked on or before October 25, 2002.)
Click here to download a proposal form
6 copies of the completed proposal should be mailed:
Florida Ag in the Classroom, Inc.
Attn: Deena Wright
2091 McCarty Hall
PO Box 110540
Gainesville, FL 32611
Questions about the grant funding process
Contact: Deena Wright
Web site: www.flagintheclassroom.org